Friday, June 15, 2007

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

“Knowledge is power” is a concept that we constantly focus on in our office. Persistently striving to improve ourselves makes us better at what we do and helps to improve our lives.

Nothing exemplifies that concept more than the results I saw this week at the Salon Training International Advanced Training Course in Carlsbad California. I was honored to be asked to participate as a speaker at this three day event. My one half day topic was Income Tax Savings for Salons and Spas, or as I like to call it, “How to Keep Uncle Sam out Of Your Pocket.”

As I observed the extremely valuable information and the ideas that the leaders, Julie Shepperly and Deb Hunt, shared with the participants, I could see the excitement and the enthusiasm to put these concepts into place in their salons. Beyond the focus that the leaders brought to the group, I am sure the networking that was taking place alone was worth the price of the course. As the owners and managers shared their successes and their problems, the group worked together to benefit from each others experiences and knowledge.

If you are interested in making more money and taking your salon or spa to the next level, I encourage you to check out the upcoming courses on their website at
http://www.salontraining.com/.