Monday, July 21, 2008

QUESTION ON MISCLASSIFIED WORKERS

Hi Larry,Your blog is wonderful. I love reading your blog. May I ask you a question? I'd really appreciate if you can help me.!!! Do you have the official release from the IRS about that the info you mentioned in your March 6, 2008 blog: "The IRS has just announced that it is going on the attack against firms that have misclassified workers". It is unveiling an electronic matching system to identify firms that issue 1099s with payments of at least $25,000 to five or more workers who don’t have any other sources of earned income.

Could you please kindly send me an IRS official announcement about this if possible? I searched the IRS whole site and cannot find the official announcement. Looking forward for your reply. Thanks! Ann

Ann, Thank you for your kind comments. We are attempting to bring useful information to the industry. I have seen the independent contractor review twice. The first one was in the 3.20.08 edition of the Kiplinger Tax Newsletter. I am not sure of where I saw the quote the second time. If I find my second reference I will let you know. Larry

Dear Larry,Wow, I can't believe I can receive your reply!!! That's amazing. Thank you so much! Thanks for letting me know the answer. If you get to know the IRS official announcement, please let me know. Waiting for more and more of your great blogs!!! Best Regards, Ann