Monday, November 29, 2010

DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend. I had an experience that I wanted to share with you. For Thanksgiving my wife Maggie, my 13 year old son, Ryan and I went to Kansas City. We went to watch them turn on the lights at the Plaza.

I always enjoy looking at the different salons and spas. I like to notice their in-store advertising, the appearance, the products they sell, product placement and the overall look of the business. One spa really caught my attention which was located right on a corner- a prime location. When I walked by the first time, I noticed that they had posted that they were open until 10:00pm every evening. I was impressed with this as they are apparently double booking.

The next time I walked by, I came from another direction and looked through the corner window. What a mess! This was an office or maybe the call center. The desk was haphazard with a 32oz convenience store cup, a stack of mail and bills with papers and magazines lying on the window shelf. The computer screen was on and if you looked closely, you could see the schedule of appointments- needless to say, very unprofessional.

This experience made me come back and look at my accounting office. Sometimes you need to step back and look at yourself from a client’s prospective.