Friday, January 11, 2008

QUESTION ON BOOTH RENTAL AGREEMENT

Dear Mr. Kopsa, I truely enjoyed your class back in November in Lake Geneva, WI. Also I'd like to thank you for the e-mails you have sent. I have one question for you, I am a salon owner and have contracts for my booth renters but it very general and vague. Do you have a copy of a booth rental agreement form that I could use as a base to write a new one? I would appreciate any info you could give me on this. Thank you, Mary

Mary, it is nice to hear from you. I hope everything is going well. Thank you for your kind comments. I think I will be back in Chicago and Lake Geneva this next year. Please stop by and say hi.

In your email you asked me about a contract for booth renters. Since this is a legal matter and I am an accountant, not an attorney, I do not have anything I can send to you. I would recommend that you consider going out to the following website: http://kassidys.com/productlist.asp. This website has leases and different contract information. Ken Cassidy educates salons and spas extensively on booth rental and many other topics.

Since this is a legal matter and since most attorneys are not familiar with the salon industry, my recommendation is to purchase Ken Cassidy’s lease and the run it by your attorney.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. It is a pleasure serving you.

Larry Kopsa CPA