Wednesday, June 2, 2010

CALLING THE IRS

I don’t know if you’ve ever had the chance to call the IRS. I hope it never happens that you do. In our line of business we get this opportunity quite often.

I wanted to share with you the frustration of dealing with the IRS.

Recently I called regarding a client matter. After going through the tree of questions, what language I wanted to hear, the notice and ID number etc., I was finally told to wait, which I did for twenty minutes (which is normal). I then heard the beep that told me I might be next; I heard some crackling on the other end and then a dial tone. I spent twenty-five minutes sitting there waiting to speak to an IRS agent just to get cut off. I redialed the number and the same thing happened the second time.

These are the people who will be in charge of our health care.