Wednesday, November 30, 2011

1099K - PAYPAL & AMAZON

Q. Hello. I just had a couple of quick questions about the new 1099k form. I read your blog post "1099K NO WORRIES THIS YEAR". Does this mean card companies are not reporting any sales amounts to the IRS this year until they get it figured out? Does this apply to companies such as Paypal and Amazon as well? I haven't seen this news anywhere else and that's what prompted me to email you. Is there a link to read where it says this? The whole process is so confusing. Thank you very much for your time.

A. The best I can tell is that the credit card and debit card companies, including PayPal, will be sending out 1099K's with copies going to the IRS. Apparently the IRS will not be able to match so they are saying put 0 in the box.

As far as a link, I will look. I actually heard this at the Washington Tax Conference.