Tuesday, June 24, 2008

QUESTION ABOUT INCENTIVE REBATE

Larry, I filed electronically, received my refund via direct deposit but, despite my SS# ending in 15, I have not yet received any deposit for the economic incentive initiative which according to reports, should have been deposited 5/2. Turbo Tax indicated I would get the $600.00. Thanks for your response, Erin

Erin, You are not the only one that has not received their refund. I am assuming that you filed your return by April 15th. If you go to the IRS web site www. IRS.gov on the first page at the top there is a link to the stimulus dates. Your date depends is you had a paper or electronic payment. Let me know if you get your electronic deposit. If you don’t receive it, let me know and we will see if the IRS has set up any procedures to track.

It is a pleasure serving you.

Larry Kopsa CPA

Larry, I received my incentive check today. I did hear from the govt. (by mail) that electronic filers who paid a fee would receive via regular mail, and with my social ending in '15', it would be mailed out on the 23rd - and to expect it by 3 days later, so sure enough. Sure relieved, as I had spent it in advance. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Erin

Erin, Good for you!