Monday, June 23, 2008

WATCH OUT FOR THIS SCAM

There are scam artists all over, taking advantage of us as people. I just received a form from one of my clients in California with “Disclosure Statement Board of Business Compliance Annual Minutes Division” requesting they fill out the information about the corporation and submit $125.

The clients sent it on to me, and in looking at this I had not heard of it before. I have done some checking on the internet and read the instructions much closer, and this was basically a scam.

It seems all you need anymore is a printer that can print a legal looking form and a post office box and you can rip people off.

My warning is don’t take everything for granted. Check very closely before you pay these amounts that are fairly immaterial, but certainly add up.

If you are concerned that you are being scammed, it pays to Google the entity to see if there is information. Here are some online resources that you can use: