Wednesday, December 7, 2011

SALON SOFTWARE REPLACING QUICKBOOKS

Q. I am thinking about getting rid of my QuickBooks and using my salon software for my P&L, general ledger and accounts payable. My salon software has a great deal on it right now. What do you think about this?

A. It just doesn't work well~ the softwares are for two different purposes. Plus they are a good checks and balance for each other. BUT I believe you still need professional assistance in interperting your financial statements and sometimes your salon reports. I can't count the number of people who have made expenseive mistakes because they did not have good data.

For example, I can buy a Flowbee to cut my hair at home. But I will end up going to a professional for help. The same goes for your accounting - you need a professional. Wouldn't I have better looking haircut if I had seen you first?

Remember you can manage what you can measure and if all you have is garbage, it will pile up quickly.