Friday, May 1, 2009


I filed my tax return and now I have moved to a new address. Do I need to do anything for the IRS?


Robin, if you move after you filed your return, you should send Form 8822, Change of Address, to the Internal Revenue Service. If you are expecting a refund through the mail, you should also notify the post office serving your former address, which will ensure your check makes it to your new address.

Larry Kopsa CPA